AWS DevOps Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Senior AWS Engineer to work as part of our DevOps Team.
Emteq Labs is the market-leader in wearable technology for monitoring and translating human intent and expression into credible and actionable feedback about behaviour.
We provide tailored solutions from both our biometric sensor array for AR/VR headsets (emteqPRO) and our sensor-enabled SMART glasses (OCO Sense).
We are constantly looking for smart, passionate people to join our team. Emteq Labs is a diverse company with varied backgrounds.
Working at Emteq Labs allows you to stretch your capabilities and have real impact in the world.
Creative -imagine new technologies for shared experiences and for a positive impact.
Challenging – intellectually stimulating work at the forefront of technology.
Stimulating – academics can publish in journals and present at conferences.
Flexible – work from home and flexitime options available to all staff.
Personal – help us realise your goals e.g. work/life balance, academic, developing IP.
Healthy – we encourage exercise and a healthy lifestyle (plus occasional treats!).
Learn – we have achieved a lot since founding. Build, measure and learn.
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production cloud systems
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement any scalable software services
- Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
- Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
- Recommend process and architecture improvements
- Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
- Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company’s services and products
We are looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer who has experience working on AWS infrastructure to bolster our cloud back-end capabilities. You will report into our Software Development Manager.
Our technical stack involves AWS, Node.js, Serverless, Spark, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, IAM as primary requirements but also consider Terraform, Ansible, API knowledge extremely useful.
- The theory, concepts, and real-world application of Continuous Delivery (CD), which requires familiarity with tools like (e.g) CodePipeline, Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub Actions.
- An understanding of text automation
- Experience with serverless, cloud-native architecture – API Gateway, Lambda Cognito, Dynamo, AppSync etc.
Great to Have
- Experience of data and video streaming across Kinesis is a big plus
- Experience ML pipelines/ Apache Spark / Glue etc.
What we offer
- Remote working (UTC +/- 2 hours, London)
- Salary £50 to £60k negotiable depending on experience.
- Share options.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working.
- Generous annual leave.
How to Apply
- Detailed resume and LinkedIn profile
- Portfolio of work (if applicable)
- Cover letter
- Informal Video Call
- Technical Video Call
- Video Call with Founders